V-by-One® HS (SerDes)
V-by-One® HS offers solutions for flat panel displays, which are requiring higher and higher frame rates and resolutions. THine’s unique variable speed technology – from 600 Mbps to 4 Gbps – effectively meets the requirements of different pixel rates. THine’s original equalizer technology achieves high video signal quality and total cost reduction. It does this by enabling the use of lower-cost cables, connectors, and reducing components that are needed for control of electromagnetic interference (EMI).
THine developed the V-by-One® HS to support the higher frame rates and resolutions of advancing flat panel display technology. V-by-One® HS reduces the total cost of interface systems. V-by-One® HS is adaptable to lower-cost cables and connectors. The V-by-One® HS Standard and its specifications are publicly available as an open standard technology.
Advantages of the V-by-One®HS
Clock and Data Recovery (CDR) technology solves skew problems. V-by-One® HS does not require a clock.
■High-Speed Serial Conversion
A high bit rate reduces the number of external components such as connectors.
Similar in Low-Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) interface, V-by-One® HS is easily scalable to high-definition by increasing the number of links.
There is no software to control. Simply insert the V-by-One® HS in the video stream.
■Wide Variety of Cable Choice
Any cable may be used as long as it is an impedance matching differential 100 ohm cable.
For example, LAN, SATA, USB，FFC/FPC，HDMI*, DisplayPort, STP cable.
Even though the cable type might be the same, the characteristics might be different. Please use them after evaluating your system.
*'HDMI' is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC.
We are also developing a chipset to convert from LVDS or LVCMOS digital signals to V-by-One® HS.
- *“MIPI®” is a registered trademark of MIPI Alliance, Inc.
*The product introduced on this page is RoHS (2011/65/EU) compliant.
Please contact THine's authorized distributors regarding documents for environmental regulations (MSDS, ICP report, Conflict Minerals, etc) and product spec documents (detailed information on package, packing, etc). Click here to find distributors.
Click here for further question.
How to get the V-by-One®HS Standard?THine the V-by-One® HS Standard an open standard technology at the request of customers. Our customers wanted to achieve higher speed and improve video signal transmission quality with the V-by-One® HS. Its technology is becoming the industry standard.
・Click Here to download the free version.
・Click Here to learn how to get the product license for the complete version.
※"V-by-One" is a registered trademark of THine Electronics, Inc.
- The very first story of V-by-One®, changes of HD→FHD→4K
- V-by-One® Biography (1)
- How to reduce EMI
- You cannot escape from EMI in large data transmission age, but here is a solution of reducing EMI using CDR technology.
- How to reduce the number of cables between IC boards
- The number of the cables between IC board always irritates engineers. THine Electronics solution for this issue has been accepted by great number of customers.
- How to respond to cost reduction requirement
- In choosing ICs, it is important to reduce costs. From many options THine Electronics offers, you can find not only the best performance, but the best cost reduction.
- How to choose interfaces to those of prior and succeeding ICs?
- Decision of Interface makes the size of your business. What is the most desired interface? Please see an example of THine's solution with its deep know-how in the industry.
- System Modules（Product Over View）
- V-by-One® HS (SerDes)（Product Over View）
- V-by-One® (SerDes)（Product Over View）
- Repeater (Redriver/Retimer)（Product Over View）
- LVDS (SerDes)（Product Over View）
- LED Driver（Product Over View）
- Motor Driver（Product Over View）
- ISP (Image Signal Processor)（Product Over View）
- TCON (Timing Controller)（Product Over View）
- Video ADC（Product Over View）
- PMIC (Power IC)（Product Over View）
- Power Module（Product Over View）