-Providing world’s highest-level high-efficiency power modules with casing technology of inductor-
TOKYO (April 27, 2018) – THine Electronics, Inc. (JASDAQ: 6769), the global leader in high-speed serial interface and provider of mixed-signal LSI, today announces that THine will release two power modules “THV82060” and “THV82080” having world’s highest-level efficiency, high heat-release performance, and low EMI with casing technology of inductor, as power supply products for electric circuit boards that require arithmetic processing performance such as artificial intelligence, high-speed image processing, and various industrial devices.
“THV82060” and “THV82080” deals with large volume of output current and includes power control IC, power MOSFET, inductor, and sense resistor in one package, realizing a product with small area of power supply system and small number of external components.
Among the components of power module, inductor affects important characteristics such as power conversion efficiency, transient response characteristics, ripple noise, and heat-release performance. Focusing on casing technology of inductor, THine has adopted a technology to form the inductor in case shape for increasing heat release area and to bring the inductor into close contact with components in the power module such as power control IC and MOSFET. This technology provides three new values of higher heat-release performance, lower EMI, and higher efficiency while maintaining small size.
Power modules “THV82060” and “THV82080” are suitable for power supply on electric circuit board that requires large volume of current. For example, “THV82060” and “THV82080” can be used for electric circuit board for huge arithmetic processing using artificial intelligence processor necessary for big data analysis and IoT (Internet of Things) or using FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) or various microprocessors in medical device, server, high-speed image processing/recognition, and industrial device. In addition, power supply design can be easily made without restriction of space on circuit board in various measurement devices and testing devices. Power supply circuit with superior efficiency is required for these applications, and adoption of THine’s power modules will realize high efficiency of electric circuit board and drastically reduce development efforts while reducing the area of power supply components on circuit board.
THine will deliver samples of “THV82060” and “THV82080” from the 2nd quarter of 2018 and strongly support customers’ needs. In addition, THine plans to expand product line-up to meet needs of customers who realize high-level information processing such as cloud server, artificial intelligence system, medical device, high-speed image processing/recognition system, and industrial device.
■Characteristics of the Technology
- High heat release performance
- High efficiency
- Low EMI
■Characteristics of THV82060
- Input Voltage Range: 2.95V to 6V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 3.6V
- Maximum Output Current: 6A
- Feedback Voltage Accuracy: 1%
- Oscillating Frequency: 750kHz
- 11mm x 9mm x 3mm LGA package
Photo of THV82060
■Characteristics of THV82080
- Input Voltage Range: 4V to 28V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 5V
- Maximum Output Current: 8A
- Feedback Voltage Accuracy: 1.5%
- Oscillating Frequency: 760kHz
- 15mm x 9mm x 3mm LGA package
Photo of THV82080
- Electric circuit board requiring large volume of current such as artificial intelligence processor and FPGA
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment, measurement device, testing and analyzing device
- Electric circuit board for robotics
- Medical electric device, communication and broadcasting device
- Banknote sorting machine, amusement machine
- Industrial device such as high-speed image processing/recognition system
TRADEMARKS All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.